Sunday, February 10, 2013
Tonight while putting James to bed....
Tonight as we were putting James down for bed, he put up a bit of a fight. He was crying and trying to climb out of his crib. I think he might be in the stage when nightmares begin and so sometimes he associates going to bed with being alone and being scared. So to make him feel better, I tucked him in, turned off the light and stood by his crib singing lullabies. I haven't sung to him like that since he was a baby. He nestled into his blankies but I could see his eyes wide open watching me sing. I sang all three verses of "I'm a Child of God" paused for a moment and then went on to the next song. During the pause, James pulled both hands out from under his blankets and started clapping. I never got this reaction when he was an infant and I have to say, it's nice to have a little positive reinforcement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment