Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A few of my favorite things

With an almost-brand-new baby in our almost-brand-new house, this summer has been a time of introduction. Here are some of my favorite things about our summer of firsts.
1. While I feed the baby in the morning, James watches Brave in the family room. I can hear him singing all the songs. This is a first. My boy can sing.
2. Having a backyard for the first time has been amazing for all of us. Our favorite thing to do is water the plants. I'm happy to report that the hydrangeas are thriving!
3. We have an outdoor freezer! It's the little things people. And the fact that we have Popsicles on the ready isn't disappointing anyone.
4. Our angel baby sleeps all night. This is a major first for us! He has given us the greatest gift new parents can ask for, the gift of sleep!
5. Being a mom of two is even better than I imagined. My two boys have my heart completely. I'm the luckiest. 
6. Scott can put his engineering to good use with all the things to fix around here. What would I do without him?!?
7. My favorite thing about our summer has been our long summer walks around our neighborhood. Bella completely terrorizes the other dogs while James brings fists full of cars to play with as we walk. Foster sleeps and Scott and I can actually have long conversations. I look forward to these walks.
8. We can see a mountain from our backyard. James always asks to go to the mountain so a couple weeks ago we said "let's do it". It was a very fun mountain adventure and we are eager to go back. In fact, James asks everyday if we can go to the mountain. 
9. The last "new" to report is that I just installed the blogger app which means a lot more blogging!
10. To round it out, we also discovered cookie butter. 
Here are some pics from our summer:


No comments:

Post a Comment