Tuesday, September 8, 2015

August 2015





I have waited so long to post about August that I have almost completely forgotten what took place in August.  But as I look back at pictures from August, I'm remembering that August was pretty great.  It was also pretty normal, no vacations or announcements just regular life in the Olson household.  So basically, it was awesome.

Cousin Visit

We were so lucky to have Stan, Monika, Isabelle and Ian come for a week long visit in August.  James and Foster never get to see these cousins and they had so much fun getting to know them better.  James asked if he could see them everyday for a week after they left.  While they were here we had a pizza party, did a lot of swimming at our pool and went to the zoo.  We are so excited to be traveling to Arizona for Thanksgiving so we can spend more time with our much loved cousins!


Beach Days

We spent many days at the beach in August because it is so hot inland that we can't do anything outside.  And also because we love Saturdays spent at the beach.  It is the perfect way to do the weekend and when Scott is there he does all the heavy lifting, builds sandcastles with the boys and lets me sit with my diet coke and watch them.  I really am so spoiled.






Soccer

Soccer started in August which makes sense because it's only as hot as the surface of the sun so it's a perfect time to run around outside.  Despite the 100 degree weather, the boys are really loving soccer. James is doing so well and loves his teacher, Foster has a little bit of a "too cool for school" attitude but we are working through it.  Basically he acts like he's going to fall down on the ground when they ask him to do anything.  He does really like building a cone tower and using the ball to kick it down and he likes throwing and kicking the soft balls as hard as he can.  I guess the rest seems like "kid stuff".  We have signed them both up for the next season of soccer and Scott and I are having so much fun watching them grow into these little unique and funny humans. 


Regular Life

Mostly we did our normal stuff like went on walks, spent Friday nights at the mall eating at Nordy's Cafe and letting the kids play on the mall playground, and enjoyed being together.  These are my most favorite moments that life has to offer.  I'll take more of these please.




No comments:

Post a Comment