Monday, February 15, 2016

January 2016

Okay, I'm all for giving 2016 a chance but any year that starts off with the stomach flu is questionable!


James turns 5!


How in the heck is my baby 5? He is no longer a toddler but a kid, I have a kid! We love our James so much and with each year he grows leaps and bounds. He is a sweet big brother and is sensitive to the feelings of other people around him. He is obedient and loves spending time with both sets of grandparents and Mi Ani of course. He can spend hours in his room building things with his Legos and playing with his Star Wars figurines. If I could describe James in one word it would be sweet. He loves preschool, soccer, he sings and hums all day and is a happy 5 year old.

Here are some facts about James.
Best friends: Foster, Hudson, Corbin, Berkeley and Anna.
Favorite dinner: fish and rice. 
Favorite treat: anything made of chocolate. Chocolate cupcake or donut being his favorite.
Favorite movie: anything Star Wars
Favorite toy: Star Wars action figures
Favorite book: Good Night Darth Vader and The Giving Tree
Favorite place to go: Disneyland, Mi Ani's house and school, believe it or not.
Favorite superhero: Iron Man

One thing I love about James is how often he tells his family that he loves them. He tells Scott and me at least three times a day. It is something we never tire of hearing. We love you too James!

Here are some pics of James from 2015

Making S'mores with Grandma Olson

One of the boy's favorite games to play and the only reason I still have a highchair in the house!




Our little astronaut

Daddy night at preschool

Riding the Balboa Park Train

James went to see Star Wars with one of his best friends, Berkeley

James and his best friend Hudson

His first stick figure

James' Birthday Party

We celebrated James' birthday at Get Air trampoline park. He invited all his best friends and it was a perfect afternoon. 


Yesssssss!

Boy Crew
James picked out his birthday cake, orange frosting....eeeek.


The happy birthday boy!
James(a.k.a. Kylo Rehn) and his buddy Corbin

Girls trip to Utah
I was able to get away for a couple of days and fly up to Utah with Darci, Meridith and Krista for Ali's baby shower. Being back with the girls was therapeutic! It has been a long time since I've stayed up all night talking, which my exhaustion was counteracted by gallons of raspberry dream sodas.  It was the perfect girl getaway and we are so excited for Ali's triplets to arrive! 

This was taken after brunch at Sundance.  We tried a normal pic but then Ali said we should all pretend to be laughing, which of course led to genuine laughing. 

We picked up lunch and brought it back to Nena and Co. headquarters.


We drank way too many sodas.  Foster and James saw this picture and now whenever I have to go somewhere without the boys, Foster always cries, "mommy I don't want you to go with your friends and drink sodas!!!" 


This beautiful snow-covered park is Ali's backyard!
Other fun happenings in January 


Pajama Night at preschool. The teachers read bedtime stories, the kids sang songs, there were appearances by Clifford and Scruffy and of course, cookies and milk. Foster can't wait to go to preschool.



Pretty fun family night where we learned about the Godhead and how we are children of God. We decorated crowns and wore them proudly. 



I was able to read James the Brave to James' preschool class. It was so cute, Foster joined in and raised his hand to answer all the questions. 



Foster had some fun this month too! Going to the Safari Park with his friend Charlotte and going to the dentist for the first time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment