Friday, February 28, 2014

February 2014

For only being 28 days, February seemed to drag on. Maybe because it's the height of flu season, maybe because Anut Ani was in the Bahamas all month, or maybe it was because this was our first month on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (no grain, no sugar, no lactose). It wasn't all bad though, here were the highlights: Foster started walking, it was warm enough for the beach...again, and we've started going to a playgroup once a week which the boys and I really look forward to.

Foster starts walking:

He took his first steps on February 20th and has been working hard at it ever since. The kid looks way to small to be standing upright, much less walking but there's no stopping him. He is up to 10 steps in a row and I don't know who's more proud, us or him. He already seems to delight in his own achievement, a true Nielsen! 




Beach Days:

These beach days are such a tease for the fun days of summer ahead. We spent four hours at the beach with friends last week and it almost felt like vacation. What could be better than, chatting with girlfriends, snacking and letting the sand babysit your kids! 


Playgroup:

Thursdays have become very social for us. We've been meeting friends at the park or the beach every week and it's been great for all of us. Since having the baby, I've been missing my Girls Nights. Well, Thursday playgroup is a close second to going out with the girls. The boys are loving time with kids their age and it's fun to watch them develop new friendships. James has almost become social!


Honorable mentions:
1. James has learned how to pray all by himself. Every night he asks Heavenly Father for rain. Well, it started raining yesterday and hasn't stopped. When James saw the rain he said "Heavenly Father gave us rain." He gets it.
2. Valentine's Day didn't disappoint. I got three months worth of a cleaning service. Scott knows me too well.
3. Andrea will be having baby #5 in Oct to add to the cousin fun.
4. I've started making lemon curd and Scott and I are obsessed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment